It is fun to watch babies as they grow. Right from rolling over, walking on all fours, then walking on twos, running, jumping, and creating a mess of the place, we do enjoy most of these activities.
However, what is more, important is that the child itself is learning something new at every stage of his/her development even while playing. Hence, you must encourage children to play more often rather than restricting them or allowing them to do non-stimulating things such as long hours of TV or phone usage. Instead, allow them to play, read, or pursue a hobby. In case they do not like to read, you could read to them initially or just have a book being read to them through https://www.gobletaudiobook.com.
Here is a list of things that children learn while playing, some may even surprise.
- Playing provides the children with options of what they want to do without any restrictions.
- Children grow physically and mentally while playing and have a sense of direction & learn how to coordinate between different actions.
- Playing also improves their speech and helps them to pick up new words and languages.
- It allows them to have fun and enjoy themselves.
- Playing also stimulates them to think and sometimes to even think differently from the usual manner.
- It also encourages them to ask questions through which they find answers to how the real world actually behaves.
- Playing also allows children to be spontaneous rather than leading a life that is set by timetables and instruction manuals.
- It also motivates kids to do what they prefer doing in the way they feel right. There is no harm allowing them to try things.
- Playing in a group instills some good traits like mutual understanding, working together as a team, and many other adult-like qualities.
- It also provides a very safe environment for children to try out new ideas or new ways to do things and new solutions to break free from situations.